Flat Fee Divorce Lawyer in Hillsborough, FL
Serving Couples in Charlotte & Sarasota Counties
In the upheaval of a constantly changing economy, many average Floridians cannot afford the high cost of legal representation. This can leave you without the means to secure a divorce. You may have been living separately and apart from your spouse for months or even years without getting divorced due to the financial cost of the traditional divorce process. Furthermore, like other companies, family law firms are in the business of making money which commonly translates into high fees for clients.
As a Hillsborough attorney at Jeffrey A. Rapkin, Esq., I have seen how unaffordable it can be for many people throughout the state to obtain a divorce. Many steps must be taken and documentation completed, paid for, and filed with the County Clerk’s Office. With the streamlined process I have developed using a digital app, divorce can be made simple, easy, and inexpensive.
If you are a couple that can agree on the terms of your divorce, the process may take no longer than 20 to 30 days or thereabout. As a divorce lawyer who has been practicing since 1996, I thoroughly understand what to do, how to do it, and have made the process available to couples for the low cost of $1500.
Need a cheap divorce? Contact Jeffrey A. Rapkin, Esq. for a free consultation with me as your potential divorce attorney at my Hillsborough or Port Charlotte office. You can reach me at (941) 304-1775 or through my online Contact Page.
ABOUT THE PROCESS
Mediator/Attorney Jeffrey Rapkin, has created a streamlined process to inexpensively obtain a full and complete divorce in 20 days. Rapkin, you, and your spouse conduct the process together and the total cost is $1500. This includes all court fees. There are no hidden fees or costs. What takes others over a year and costs thousands of dollars, you can accomplish in 20 days.
- At least one of the spouses must have been a resident of Florida for at least six months.
- You don’t have to physically be in Florida at the time, nor does your spouse. I can use the driver’s license or similar identification proof of one spouse to prove residency.
- Your divorce must be an uncontested one; this means that you and your spouse are on the same page regarding all issues, from how to divide your property and debt to child custody arrangements, child support payments, and spousal support where these apply.
- You and your spouse will meet with me to complete the process, either directly in person or through video conference via Zoom on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Because all issues are agreed upon, you will never have to appear in court.
- Because I have been approved to conduct the mandatory parenting plan class, that requirement can be done for couples with children as part of the process.
- Depending on the specifics of your situation, our meeting can take anywhere from 30 minutes to several hours. The three of us together will complete all your divorce papers.
- After the completion of all the necessary documentation (which you can watch on my monitor), everything will be electronically filed with the County Clerk.
- You will leave the meeting with receipts and copies of everything via your email.
- After approximately 20 to 30 days or longer, depending on the circumstances, your Florida divorce will be finalized.
All court fees are included. No hidden or extra fees will be incurred.
20+ Years of Civil and Criminal Litigation Experience
Fair And Affordable Pricing
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, we're ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (941) 304-1775.